What is Office 365 NST File?
NST is an extension of an Outlook file that is saved locally whenever an individual configures Office 365 in Outlook. MS Outlook Synchronizes the local version to Office 365 and stores it on the computer in a group storage table . This is also called GST files. The main reason behind creating GST files GST files is in order to permit users to work offline mode with Office 365 as OST works with MS Outlook. To help you understand the details, both files GST and OST GST are located within the exact same directory.
The Outlook Slider manages and manages the data that is that is synchronized to the GST file that has .nst extension. The NST files typically store conversations within groups and calendars, whereas the OST file is used to store mail items as well as other folders within it. If a user logs into IBM Lotus Notes using Outlook Connector then it creates NST files locally on the machine.
How to Create the NST File?
NST files are created automatically. NST files are automatically created each time you switch from Office 365 to Outlook because the entire cached data from Office 365 is stored in NST file format.
Steps to Create an NST file
- Start MS Outlook and add to it your Office 365 account into it.
- The adding process will begin with a message that says we’re preparing things.
- Enter the password for the Office 365 account and click on the “OK” Button.
- Address for Mail Delivery Dialog box will open and you need to click “OK” to proceed.
- You’ll get a confirmation that your account is completed and you can click on the “OK” button.
- When you click the OK click, MS Outlook will start configuring your emails that are part of Office 365 into the same account. The duration is based on how big your databases.
- When you have completed the entire procedure, you will be able to NST files at the same place where the OST files are stored.
Find the Location of NST file
- Create a Right-Click on your Office 365 Account and then select the Data Properties of Files.
- Under the General Tab Click on Advanced Button.
- Choose Outlook Data File Setting under the Advanced tab of this new wizard.
- In the File Box, Copy the entire location to the clipboard.
- Open Windows Explorer and paste the copied location until “Outlook” only.
- You can now view the NST file in the exact same place you’ve copied.
How to Open NST File in Outlook?
As I mentioned previously, NST files are cached offline files that are part of Office 365 and therefore they remain in an unreadable format. To view NST file in Outlook it is necessary to convert them into PST and then import the PST files into Outlook.
Convert NST into PST and then open it to Outlook
- Find your NST files on your personal computer.
- Click it with a Right-Click and then click the Properties.
- In the General tab, switch the extension of your file by .nst to .ost.
- After you have changed the file name, launch Regain OST to PST Converter.
- Insert the OST file to the program that you’ve renamed.
- The information will be presented for you, in format that is readable.
- Choose the folders and files you would like to save and click Save button.
After saving the OST file in PST it is possible to add it to your Outlook account and finally open the NST file within Outlook without losing any information.
Now, you are aware that there’s another file format that is part of MS Outlook known as NST file format. Both OST and PST are both file formats , but only a few people are aware of the NST format files. I’m sure you’ve found an answer for your query regarding the NST format file and how to open an NST Files in Outlook. Also, you have learned how to create and locate your NST file. If someone wants to access NST file using Outlook then it is possible to accomplish this by following a few easy steps. I hope that you have gained solid information about NST file through this post.
I hope this post will help you to understand about NSF file and Know How to Open it.