WHAT IS DESK BOOKING SOFTWARE?
A desk booking system is an adaptable tool that enables employees to reserve various office workspaces as and when they are required, such as standing desks or dual monitor desks. Employees can reserve a workstation at the office using a digital platform with a desk booking system. They can use their office software to see floor plans and other pertinent details for a specific space, as well as find and reserve workstations on-demand with options filtered by availability, location, and features.
HOT DESKING AND HOTELING:
Desk booking management functions basically in two ways.
- Hot desking
This is the reason why the term “desk hoteling” or “hot desking” is also sometimes used to refer to desk booking software.
In a hot desk environment, workers use available desks as they become available on a first-come, first-served basis. Hot desking software is frequently used by businesses to maximize space use, increase desk productivity, and reduce real estate expenditures.
Office hoteling refers to long-term desk bookings made by employees for a fixed timeframe.
BENEFITS OF DESK BOOKING SOFTWARE:
- An organization can use a desk booking system to evaluate how its office space is being used and find ways to make the most of it rather than wasting it. Having a complete understanding of the areas that are or are not being used in the office is essential to making the modifications that could result in financial gains.
- Desk bookings also save up office resources. It is possible to reduce incidental costs, such as stationery and printer paper, as well as maintenance costs by routinely tracking occupancy rates. Utility costs can be significantly reduced when there are fewer people working in the business.
- Collaboration among coworkers and teams is facilitated by desk booking systems. An employee can be most productive and engaged at work by sitting with the right people in the right place.
- Employees may find it simpler to find, reserve, and check into desks when desk booking is used. Team members also save time depending on the kind of bookable workstations used in the company
- With desk booking, employees are also given the freedom to change their work schedules as necessary.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST DESK BOOKING SOFTWARE:
LIVE FLOOR PLAN:
The entire layout of the office should be visible to administrators in real-time. Reservations ought to be reflected right away so that users can easily see vacant places. Users may locate and reserve available workspaces, find their reserved desk, and move to it using a live floor plan view, which also guarantees that employees are provided with current and helpful information.
EASE OF USE:
Only if a new technology simplifies rather than complicates existing procedures will it be successfully accepted by the organization. In order to view, search, and reserve workspaces with little (or no) prior training, it is crucial to choose a solution with a user-friendly interface.
One of the first things to consider is deployment. The workforce can thrive more quickly the faster the software can be deployed.
REDUCE OVERHEAD EXPENSES:
The desk booking software must provide useful information for managing and allocating spaces around the office building. Additionally, it will give businesses knowledge of contemporary workplace trends. Regardless of whether individuals choose to work remotely, firms may access the necessary information. In this manner, businesses can transform unused sections into visitor areas or meeting spaces with specialized amenities for increased productivity. Overall, businesses can save money on real estate by creating a productive hybrid workspace supported by cutting-edge desking technologies.
Companies are using technology more and more to run their daily operations. Any new device or tool should easily fit into the current setup and be compatible with the major tools employed by the company. Employees rely on a variety of tools to help them perform their best work, like desk booking software. As any tech-savvy employee would know, it’s best when these systems integrate with one another.
Products that are easy to use for both new and experienced users are the best. If employees don’t use desk booking software, investing in it can rapidly turn out to be a bad idea. Employees should be able to use the desk booking app on desktop and mobile with little help, especially for mobile since some employees might schedule their desks for the day on the way.
Instead of applying a one-size-fits-all pricing strategy, the pricing for desk booking software should take the company’s size and needs into account.