G-Suite (Google Workspace) is the ideal platform for creating email accounts if you already have a domain name. It is one of the greatest platforms for small businesses, start-ups, and entrepreneurs because it provides so many features under one subscription. Furthermore, if you’re online at any moment, you can use Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and other applications.
Outlook, on the other hand, offers many more security options for large organizations. You can also view your Outlook files offline because it supports password-protected Outlook PST files.
After reviewing all of these features, many users believe that Outlook PST is a better option than Google Workspace and desire to export their G Suite mailbox to PST. So, in this article, we’ll go over different methods for transferring G Suite emails into PST.
Methods of Migrating G Suite Emails to PST
There are a few options for exporting G Suite data into Outlook PST. You can use whatever method works best for you. In this section, we will go over different migration techniques.
Method 1: Transfer G Suite Emails to PST with the Data Export Tool
This procedure requires a super admin account. Second, your domain must be at least 30 days old, 2-step verification must be enabled, and the total number of G-Suite sub-users cannot exceed 1000. Now, carry out the instructions as specified.
- To Access the Google Admin Console, log in and select the option.
- Enter your G Suite email and password.
- In the new wizard, select Data Export.
- Following that, you will receive details about your export process and be notified once the export operation is completed.
Method 2: Export G Suite Emails to Outlook PST using Outlook.
This procedure comprises two parts that must be completed sequentially.
- Enable IMAP for the G Suite account.
- Configure the G Suite account in Outlook.
- Export G Suite mailbox to PST.
Stage 1: Enable IMAP in your G Suite account.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Tap the gear icon and select the “See All Settings” option.
- After that, select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP choices.
- Here, enable IMAP and disable POP.
- Lastly, click on the Save Changes button.
Stage 2: Configure the G Suite Account in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Then select the Add Account option.
- Enter your G Suite credentials and tap Connect.
- Then, authorize access to Microsoft apps.
- Next, select the IMAP option and click Done.
- Finally, your G Suite added account will appear in Outlook, and you can begin the method to convert G Suite to PST.
Stage 3: Export the G Suite mailbox to PST.
- Click the File button in Outlook.
- Navigate to the Open & Export tab and select Import/Export.
- After that, select the Export to File option and click Next.
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and click the Next button.
- Choose the mailbox folder where you wish to back up your data.
- Choose a location for the backup PST file and click Finish.
These solutions allow you to transfer your G Suite mailbox to PST, but they demand technical expertise and time to complete. In this instance, we can use a Google Workspace Backup Tool that is advised by experts to help with the transfer.
Export G Suite Mailbox to PST with Professional Technique
Mailvita Google Workspace Backup Tool is the most popular and recommended utility for migrating G Suite data locally with 100% correctness and no data loss. This application exports the G Suite Account to Multiple file formats such as PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, and EMLX. It works on all Mac OS versions such as 13 “Ventura”, 12 “Monterey”, 11 “Big Sur”, 10.15 “Catalina”, 10.14 “Mojave”, 10.13 “High Sierra”, 10.12 “Sierra”. It also works on all MS Outlook versions. You can also transfer your data to several file formats and email clients. You can effortlessly run this software by following the directions.
- Install the “G Suite Backup” software on your PC.
- Launch the app.
- Enter the username and password for your G Suite account.
- Authenticate yourself by clicking “Authenticate me”
- Add the G Suite files that you want to back up.
- Preview your G Suite files.
- Finally, click on the “Backup Now” option.
I hope you can now export your G Suite inbox to PST without any issues. We examined both manual and professional ways; choose the one that best suits your needs. However, manual approaches require technical skill and time to execute. Professional utilities, on the other hand, not only convert G Suite emails to PST but also move them to a variety of email clients and file formats.