If you are having problems with QuickBooks not syncing licenses, this is one of the most common issues users encounter. How to Fix “QuickBooks Sync License Data Online” Error message appears when license data is synced by users. In this article, the problem is addressed in several ways, each with a set of simple steps. As a result of reading this article, you will be able to identify the problem and choose a solution that works for you, so you can get back to using QuickBooks again.
This message appears in QuickBooks as:
“There was an issue with the QuickBooks license data being synced with Intuit. Please come back later and try again.”
“QuickBooks Unable to Sync License”
QuickBooks Sync Manager Error: What are the Causes?
This can create a problem in the beginning, since QuickBooks Sync Manager errors can occur for a variety of reasons. Here are the most common reasons for QuickBooks Sync Manager errors:
- Network connectivity issues: If the user’s computer is not connected to the internet or if there is a problem with the network, the license cannot be synced.
- Firewall or antivirus software: Sometimes firewall or antivirus software can block the license from syncing.
- Outdated software: If the user is using an older version of QuickBooks, it may not be compatible with the newer license.
- Corrupted or damaged files: If the QuickBooks files or the license file is corrupted or damaged, it can prevent the license from syncing.
- Program files were misplaced.
- This error arises as a result of networking problems during data transfer
- Error 3003 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Unable To Sync License Issue Solutions
Listed below are all the solutions that will help you fix QuickBooks Unable To Sync License issues on your own. Identify the reason for the error and then fix it with the below solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Internet Connection
- In QuickBooks software
- Click on the Help menu option
- Further click on Internet Connection Setup option
- After that, choose the Use my Computer’s internet connection settings option
- Click on the Next button to continue
- When you are done with this then select the Advanced Connection Settings
- You get all the Internet options displayed on your screen.
Solution2: Verify the License and Product Keys
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Then press the F2 key from keyboard
- You get the Product Information window opens up on your screen
- In this, check the product and license key
- Also, check the name of the product
- It shows you the date of the release that is at the end of your product name.
Method3: Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
Note that the Entitlement Client folder is a hidden folder. Maybe you require to Display hidden files and folders or look for the files using Windows before performing the following steps. First, check out how to display hidden files and folder steps.
Display hidden files and folder’s steps
- Go to your Desktop or System Tray, and click on the folder icon to initiate File Explorer.
- Next, click on the View tab and then click on Hidden Items.
Windows 8.1/ 8
- Go to your keyboard, press and hold Windows+E to launch File Explorer.
- Click on the View tab and choose File extensions and Hidden items.
Search for files in Windows
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
- Go to the keyboard, press and hold Windows+E and launch Windows Explorer.
- Now, you need to press and hold Ctrl+F at the same time to select the Search Box.
- If you do not remember the complete file name, try inserting part of the file name.
- If you only remember the file extension, then substitute an asterisk for the file name and enter the extension also. For example, insert *.qbw to search for QuickBooks data files or *.doc to explore for Microsoft Word documents.
- Now, your search results will display on your screen.
Note: The same file name may appear in multiple directories or folders. The same file name may also display multiple times with different file extensions.
Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- On your keyboard, press and hold Windows+R simultaneously to open the Run command.
- Now, you need to copy and paste the given path as it is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client, then click on Enter.
- Look for the folder v8 and click on it, next click on Rename.
- Now you can rename the folder to v8(OLD).
Solution 4: Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Go to ->Tools menu -> click Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab:
- Select the Internet icon -> click the Default level
- Select the Local intranet icon -> click the Default level
- Go to the Advanced tab:
- Click Restore advanced settings button
- Select the Reset button to reset IE settings
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close and restart Internet Explorer.
Solution 5: Verify that the Internet is not Blocked by the Firewall
Examine the internet connectivity to ensure that it is not being obstructed by a firewall.
- For QuickBooks, firstly add the Firewall port exception
- Go to the Windows Start menu button
- In search bar type Windows Firewall
- Then press enter button
- The Windows firewall window opens up on your screen
- Click on the Advanced Settings
- Choose the port by right-click on the Inbound rules
- Then same goes with the Outbound rules
- Check that the TCP is selected before proceeding
- Hit on the Next button and you are done.
Source Site: https://www.globalnetbit.com/